Fire-side chat – International Perspective
FinTech applications are developing at an ever faster pace. Any of these applications potentially challenge the tradition approach to regulation based on national jurisdictions and enforcement. FinTech is increasing the need for international regulatory and supervisory cooperation. The panel will discuss how supervisors in different parts of the world are addressing these challenges.
- How are supervisors in different parts of the world addressing these challenges?
- How do they seek to find a balance between safety and stability of financial services on the one hand, and the need for innovation and realising the full potential of FinTech on the other?
- Richard Nash, Head of Global Government Relations, PayPal
- Rupert Schaefer, Head of Strategic Services, Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority
- Kotaro Tanaka, Director for Systemically Important Financial Institutions, Banks Division Ⅰ, Supervisory Bureau, Financial Services Agency of Japan
- Yao Loong Ng, Head of Markets Policy and Infrastructure, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Clara Chiu, Director, Licensing, Intermediaries Division, Securities and Futures Commission, Hong Kong
- Fabian Vandenreydt, Executive Director, B-Hive
- Paul Atkins, Chief Executive, Patomak Global Partners LLC and former SEC Commissioner – Co-Chair, Token Alliance