As your advisor, Patomak Global Partners offers special expertise that can be customized to meet your unique needs, including the following:
- Strategic Regulatory Advice. We assist clients in understanding new legislation and regulations as well as the strategic threats—and opportunities—posed to their business by those changes. Through experience and by keeping a trained ear to the ground, we give context and early insights about impending changes.
- Dodd-Frank Act and Global Regulatory Developments. Our practice recently has focused on the Dodd-Frank Act and related congressional and regulatory activity. In addition to the domestic U.S. financial regulators, we monitor relevant actions of the G-20, Financial Stability Board, Bank of International Settlements, E.U. supervisory authorities, Financial Services Authority, Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin), Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), etc. to help clients take steps to anticipate and meet new legal and regulatory requirements wherever they may do business.
- Corporate Governance Advice. We review governance systems, provide instruction to officers and directors regarding legal and regulatory requirements, and counsel regarding shareholder relations (including shareholder proposals).
- Crisis Management. We advise clients about unexpected events concerning legal and regulatory requirements. Because these crises almost always have media, communications, and governmental implications, we are accustomed to coordinating our advice with our clients' legal, public affairs, and governmental affairs resources.
- Independent Review Consultancies. We act as consultants under settlement agreements with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Department of Justice, and banking regulators. These reviews may include supervisory, compliance, and operational policies, procedures, and controls designed to identify and avoid violations of regulations and internal codes of conduct.
- Litigation Support and Expert Testimony. We help legal counsel with legal and regulatory requirements in dispute, providing expert testimony in trials, arbitration proceedings, and investigations.
- Examination Assistance. Our expertise includes advising regulated financial services firms on how to prepare for or cope with SEC and other regulatory examinations and inspections.